Wednesday, July 28, 2010

St.John's Ambulance Service


To aid in British War effort, employees of British India's offices were trained in Ambulance Services. This was compulsory for all employees, and so my father, Shri Gopalan attended one such course. It meant staying in military camp and eating food served there, which was mostly non-vegetarian. My father, who was a strict vegetarian, managed to get somebody called Thirvenkatam to bring him food from home. Thirvenkatam brought the home cooked food for father very willingly, because he got to eat the non-vegetarian food dished out by the military canteen! I found, among my father's papers, when he died at the ripe age of 90 years, a certificate from St. John's Ambulance, which I have copied for your viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment